CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Glacier Pictures


That would be me jumping over a crevasse. I know I look silly, but I was in a goofy mood.


Since we had amazing weather, the pilots were able to land on a snowy ledge (which they said they had never been on before). We had to be careful on this spot, because half the snow actually hung over into the air, so we avoided walking to the left of the helicopters. I honestly think I understand why people mountaineer these peaks, because it was so beautiful up there.


In my last entry I mentioned going on the glacier with Matt. He is the only person that I knew when I decided to come to Skagway. We have spent a lot of time together and he definitely is helping me to move on in my life. It has been fun with him as you can see we are having a great time on the glacier...I have to admit, I think he has the best job in Skagway. Every morning he gets to take a helicopter up to a glacier and spend the day there.


At our first stop the helicopters landed next to a moulin. It is a hole in the ice formed by the water pooling into a flat area and drilling into the ice. There was a small river of water flowing into this moulin and the pilots dropped some rocks into the hole...they fell a longs was before making a sound. I wouldn't want to jump into that.


I picture of the glacier algea. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Modigliani said...

That was awesome! Really, some amazing scenery up there, and now I want to go to Alaska! LOL!

Do you think there's someone as cute as Matt waiting for me up there, too?!! ;)

Anonymous said...

your photography is great. glaciers are awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

your photography is great. glaciers are awesome!!!!

Travelin' Tracy said...

Thanks! I for the compliment on my photography...glaciers are awesome. And it was great to see that someone has seen my previous posts! YEAH! I need to go on another vacation...20 Days Away!