CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 17, 2006

Pictures of Budapest

Walking around Castle Hill.

A cute street where I found my Hungarian nativity scene (which will be posted later).

Taking a break while climbing up the Castle Hill stairs.

The oldest bridge in Budapest, except it has actually been rebuilt since WWII. Apparently it was destroyed as the Russians and Germans met up in the middle of the city.

A view of Parliament from the top of Castle Hill.

We ate lunch at this restaurant based on a recommendation from the hostel worker. The food was very good and had huge quantities. I ordered grilled chicken with pear and Camembert (I don't remember the Hungarian name). This is where my mom and I struggled to get the door open! After watching two people walk inside we figured it out too.

I was standing outside of St. Peters Basilica. It was so cold that I had a scarf and hat on for most of the day. Gabor, the hostel worker, told us that we brought the bad weather with us. That's too bad, because I hate being cold.

A picture taken inside St. Peters Basilica. I think this might be one of my favorite churches in Europe. It was full of marble and granite, plus the gold detailing. I was amazed at how bright it was and they didn't have any lights on.

1 comments:

Modigliani said...

Great pics! It does look chilly there... brrr!