CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pictures of Vienna

I really didn't take a lot of pictures while on this vacation. You know, I used to take a lot of pictures, especially when I first started scrapbooking. For some reason my desire has changed. I would rather enjoy the moment and store it in my memory. I like the fact that I don't always have to take pictures when I travel. Instead, I have learned to make each shot more meaningful. It reminds me of this song by John Mayer.

3X5
I'm writing you to
catch you up on places I've been
You held this letter
probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it
didn't have a camera by my side this time
hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way with words


TODAY skies are painted colors of a cowboy cliche'
And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way
but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
NO more 3x5's

I Guess you had to be there
I Guess you had to be with me
Today I finally overcame
tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to
lose my way but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
no more 3x5's
just no more 3x5's


Actually, sometimes I still get picture happy...what am I writing? Anyhow, here are a few pictures of Vienna.


I can't remember the name for this church. I will have to look it up!

This is a place where the Austrians break down trash, but it was designed by some famous architect! I really like the building. It is fun to look at!

A fountain near Stephansdom. I liked it, so I snapped a photo, even though it isn't a great shot!

A picture of Stephansdom. I think the tile on the roof is really cool. I had never seen that before on a cathedral, but I think it is pretty common. I expected the tiles to be a little more vibrant, because of all the pictures I had seen in tourist books. So I was a bit disappointed.

I didn't really take any pictures inside, because there was always a mass going on! Maybe that's because I was there the week before Easter. That, or either they always have a service. I just didn't feel it was right to take a picture while people were praying.

When my mom and I saw the Spanish horses perform I noticed this neat machine going back and forth along the grass outside the arena. It is a lawnmower! I had never seen a robotic lawnmower before. How cool is that? I need one of those when I get a house one day!

4 comments:

Mridula said...

I love travel pictures. I absolutely do. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I need to get to Vienna!

Travelin' Tracy said...

Mridula- I love travel pictures too, but sometimes I forget to take them when I'm in the moment. Instead of regretting it I have learned to be okay with just experiencing it. You know what I mean. You always have the best travel pictures. That's my favorite part of your blog!

Dav- Hey, you are the flight attendant. You should be taking trips all over the place. I would love to have your job. Wouldn't it be nice if we could mix our two jobs; the teacher's summer vacation with the flight attendants benefits. That would be sweet.

Stay tuned for my next adventure!

Happy Villain said...

It's a Roomba lawnmower! Ohhh, I'm laughing so hard! Of course they would invent a Roomba lawnmower! Oh, my side hurts!

Okay, I love the pictures and I love the stories that accompany them, so if you snap some, great, and if you don't, that's still great. As long as you're having fun and plan to share it all with us later. :)