CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Wild Fever is Still Alive

I have almost been overwhelmed with getting ready for school to start again that I haven't been able to blog; not to mention all my free time has been used in the search for a new car. I finally got the car tonight, a new Nissan Xterra! It is a relief and now I have my first vehicle (you know, without mom and dad's help!). Anyhow, I digress, when I really wanted to mention how the Wild spirit still survives.

I was setting up my classroom the other day when I noticed a young man enter my coworker's class across the hall. He looked like a fairly normal guy in his 20s, except for one thing, he had a full beard! So I had to look twice. It really isn't that common to see a full beard on a young guy, let along in the heat of summer. I couldn't help but feel a little attraction to him. Was it the fact that he reminded me of Alaska and all the hotties there? Or maybe that I imagined him as another wild spirit trapped in Northern Virginia? Possibly I am learning that beards are sexy to me? No one will no for sure what was really going on within my head, but I can say this: the Wild Alaskan Spirit still lives within. I wonder how it will carry on...

3 comments:

Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog all summer long. What a treasure during the most awful summer weather I can remember in my area. Only last summer was worse, and only because my father died. Thanks for brightening my day with your Alaskan adventures. Sincerely, I hope you continue blogging, even on non-Alaskan topics, because I really enjoy your style and your outlook. Plus, I feel like I have watched you heal and redefine yourself (almost like I invested my time in seeing you blossom), so I want to know how well you do with such extraordinary experiences to draw from.

Please continue blogging! And thanks so much for sharing your adventures.

:)

Travelin' Tracy said...

Wow, thanks so much! You have given me motivation to keep writing. I only wish I was going on another vacation, but that's not until December! Plus, I am trying to grow and move on and it is nice to know that someone else can kind of see that. You have really made my day!

Modigliani said...

Oh, yes! Let the wild fever burn on within you!!!! You should talk to that bushy bearded guy the next time you see him!!! You never know.

Then again, what's the deal with Matt???? Details, please! ;))