CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wildlife Pictures

I know a lot of these pictures aren't coming out very clear, but sometimes the digital camera just doesn't cut it. I saw the Northern Lights last night. I woke up two times to see them. It was amazing. Since it is still pretty warm outside the coloring was mostly white, but it looks so cool. It was almost like watching clouds swivel in the air. I felt blessed to see them before I left. Last night I also went down to the Broadway dock and took pictures of the wildlife.

This otter was swimming in the ocean right next to a big pipe that pumps water out into the ocean. He would swim close to the pipe and the float on his back with the current of the flowing water. One time he was floating with a huge salmon in his mouth. That was cool.
On the other side of the dock there were seals. They didn't come too close, so I could only get a picture of one of them sticking his head out of the the water. Sometimes they would also come out of the water with a salmon in their mouthes. Becasue the tide was low, the salmon couldn't run up this pipe to Pullen creek. While they are waiting all these creatures feast on them. I even had a friend reach in with his hands and grab some salmon for dinner.
This is a picture of salmon in the Pullen creek. It basically looks like this all the way upstream. Either the salmon are pushing against the current or they are resting. It seems unnatural to see such big fish in a small stream, but that is part of the wonder of spawning.
I just decided to throw in one picture of downtown...this is it. Broadway Ave. if the big tourist street with all the shops.

0 comments: