CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Stepping out of the Comfort Zone

Tonight I tried something new! Belly dancing! Eeek! Me, belly dancing!! I am just learning how to salsa dance, so this was another type of dancing that I was getting to learn. I loved it. I have a friend from Brazil who used to teach belly dancing lessons back home. She was doing an introduction class for a few friends. First I have to say, it is hard work. My stomach muscles were getting a workout, but so were my arms. I had to learn how to stick out my chest, move my hips, feet, and shoulders, stick out my stomach, breathe a special way AND smile all at the same time. My friend looked so good, but I am pretty sure that even though I tried to copy her, my body movement was boxy and rarely fluid. I need to practice!

I really think I would like to take belly dancing classes. Not only because it was a fun workout, but because it is damn sexy. I know that my future husband would be eternally grateful when I can bring that kind of confidence and lap dancing into the bedroom. Now, I'm not the type to write a lot about my subconscious desires, but honestly, I think dancing is a sexy thing. I'm always looking at ways to be a diverse dancer. So I am happy I tried it. It really is good to get out of the comfort zone and try something new every once and a while. I have surprised myself and found that this is something I could really get into! Belly Dancing Lessons: one more thing to add to my list of things to do before I die!

5 comments:

Humour and last laugh said...

interesting!

Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

Totally cool! You go girl!

Mridula said...

You have courage, I consider dancing sensual but can not ever dance even to save my life!

thoughts said...

already sounds exciting :)....

Travelin' Tracy said...

Smiles, to all of you...it was fun and very exciting. I can't wait until I can learn more!