CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 31, 2005

"You may find love on the cruise ship!"

I'm still dealing with the break up, but I have to say, I feel like I have improved a lot. When I first started this blog I was traveling to Alaska to get away from my life for a while. I needed to step out of the routines so that I could move on and heal my broken heart. Now I write because I want to share my passion for adventure and traveling.

While I was on the cruise I honestly felt a piece of me really moving on. I have been saying for months that I don't want to ever talk ex again, but for the first time I really meant it. I just want that part of my life to be in the past and I want to live in the moment! So, when I was on the cruise I was truly enjoying my singleness once again. And I had a few encounters with guys that I'm excited to write about.
=============================================

On the first day out at sea I decided to get a facial. I have never had a facial before and I thought it might be a good way to start the trip. I would get to relax and if all went well then I would have a beautiful clean face too! I was enjoying myself and learning all about my skin (I have combination skin, which means I have to use about twelve different lotions) and I enjoyed talking with the spa lady. She asked who I was on a trip with and I mentioned the family. What I thought was interesting was her comment on my way out the door. She said, "Hey enjoy your trip. You never know you may find love of the cruise ship!" I smiled and thanked her for the spa treatment then headed off to meet my sister. In my head I was really thinking, "Yea right, love on a cruise ship! What are the chances I'm really going to meet a single Mormon guy on this ship?" Because, if I really look at things logically, my chances of love seemed slim. I'm not planning on meeting a guy and shagging him after one night. That's not love and that is not me. So meeting another person that was of the same faith would be the only way to start any kind of love interest anyways.

I honestly didn't think twice about her comment. I went on with the rest of the day and got ready for a formal dinner with my family. After a filling meal we decided to go to the night entertainment in the Ivanhoe lounge. With all the family plus my grandparents there is an odd number of us. The upstairs half of the Ivanhoe was set up with paired seating. Since there are seven in the family I was the token single person. It is kind of like going to the amusement park with an odd number. You each end up taking turns as the odd man out, so I figured this would be my turn. Not to worry though, because my brother was still sitting close to me. Right before the performance was about to start a young gentleman asked if the open seat next to me was available. Of course I said yes, because I didn't care if he sat next to me. Meanwhile, I was people watching with my brother.

I'm not really shy, so after a few minutes I made casual conversation. I asked him who he was on vacation with and where he was from. He had decided to take the trip with some family members and he was from Utah. All of the sudden I recalled the comment from the spa technician. I asked him where in Utah he was from. I found out that he just graduated from BYU Grad School in Provo. He assumed that I didn't know where that was. I let him start to explain then I started laughing as I admitted that I had also graduated from BYU. Here I was, second night on the cruise I had met a single guy (who was decent looking) that was also the same religion! How weird is that?

Maybe my chances for love are better then I think! I ended up talking with him the rest of that night and saw him the next day on a shore excursion. He wasn't my type, but just the thought that my chances are better then I think has brightened my spirits. I decided to be a little more flirty, it wasn't going to kill me and it paid off. Later in the cruise I spent a whole day hanging out with a guy I had met on the trip. I am moving on with my life and learning that I still got it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a great way to start a New year!

Happy Villain said...

WOW, I'm impressed. I've been on many vacations and never met a guy on any of them, and you have multiple stories from one cruise?! It's inspiring! You go, girl!

Travelin' Tracy said...

I think I really need to do the New Years Resolutions! I don't know if I got any of the guys...but I had a good trip! But I got a little action...opps, did I write that?