CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break


Spring break is almost here and I am so excited. Not only do I feel ready for a little time off, but I am also looking forward to the holiday trip with my family. It will be the first family reunion with all my dad's brothers and sisters. There are ten in his family. In fact, I think I may not have even met a few of them. If I did then that was when I was five years old, which was a long time ago. It will be nice to reunite and learn more about that side of my family. And we will be doing all this on a Caribbean cruise.

I have mentioned before that I am not a big fan of cruises, because it is not my favorite way to see other countries. Eight hours at one stop does not really constitute saying that I have traveled there. Usually the time is spent rushing to a ship excursion and then speedily picking out pointless souvenirs. What have I really learned about local life from that? Two years ago my immediate family went on a cruise for the Christmas holiday and we traveled to most of the same spots, so I am not that interested in the exploration as I am in the aspect of relaxation. I will get to take a break from everyday life and lounge by the pool. It will feel to have the sun shining down on me. I might even want to get a sunburn. If my finances allow then I will even try to get a facial!

I am also super excited because Boulderin' Boyfriend is going as well. The past few weeks we have both been so busy that it feels like we barely spend any time together. The funny thing is that I don't miss him in a way that I long for him, but I find that I miss his company. I want to spend each day with him, because he is evolving into my best friend. I hope he feels the same way (even though I know he likes to have "alone time"). I want to see how he interacts with my extended family. I think they will all like him as much as I do.

I cannot wait! My family is going to drive to Florida on Friday, because plane tickets were really high this year. Since I am trying to use my sick leave before I am done for the year, I decided to take Thursday off as well. So I will have a day to play at home too! Only two more days of work...yippee!

2 comments:

AMY_BELL - said...

Yay...spring break! I think every company needs to give employees spring break because people need vacations. I'm so excited. Let's schedule facials together :)

The Case Family said...

I would love to see pics from your trip! I know your back!!!