CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Roatan, Honduras

We are back from the cruise. It was really fun, but I am so glad to be home too. I have always said that cruising is not my favorite thing, and I still feel that way. I love to stop at each port and only long for more time to explore. This cruise was especially difficult to be on because it was really rocky. I went to bed early almost every night because the boat was rocking, which only makes me sea sick. Actually, Boulderin' Boyfriend was not digging the cruise ship style either. It was too confining for him, without climbing. He was getting seasick too, so at least we got to cuddle together.

The first night started out fun. All the family met up for a nice dinner. It was nice to see so many of my aunts and uncles that I had never even met before. And I was able to see my cousins after almost ten years. It was exciting to start the vacation...until an hour after dinner. I started to feel sick, thinking maybe it was something I ate.

I don't know if that was it or not, but I knew that I was going to be sick and it was only a matter of time. I was sharing a room with my sister and my brother split a room with my boyfriend and a cousin. I was tired and not feeling well so I decided to go to bed early. Actually my sister and Boulderin' Boyfriend were also tired so we actually all fell asleep while watching a movie. Only I was awake about an hour later and in the bathroom. I must have thrown up over a dozen times that night. It was awful. I could not even keep water down without being sick. In the morning Boulderin' Boyfriend took me to the medical center. They gave me a shot in my butt and then quarantined me to my room for the day. I didn't mind though, because I was so tired. I slept almost the entire day. I felt bad for leaving my boyfriend for a day with my family that he didn't know so well. Maybe it allowed him to get to know each of them better.

My energy was drained, but I still wanted to go out when we arrived in Honduras. The doctor gave me the okay and I slowly made my way onto the island. Our first excursion was horseback riding. I could tell we were not in the United States when we stopped at the side of the road to meet our guide, Sharky. No waivers were signed, but I didn't mind. When I got on my horse, I asked Sharky for the name of my horse and I think he made up a name on the spot. Oh, well, the horse listened to me and would trot when I wanted to trot. Overall it was a good activity, since it didn't expend too much of my energy. Unfortunately I started to get sunburned on my forearms.

In the afternoon we met up with my parents at a nice snorkeling spot. Boulderin' Boyfriend swam across the bay because he eyed a small rock cliff, which he attempted to climb. I was too tired to really even swim so I relaxed and ate a Popsicle (my first meal in almost two days). We did a little shopping and by the end of the day I was worn out. It felt good to be of the boat, even though it was only going to get rocky again later that night!












Boulderin' Boyfriend decided to join in on the music as we headed back to the cruise ship.

3 comments:

The Case Family said...

I am so sorry you got sick! That totally stinks. Do you think that maybe it was the Nora virus? Its known to break out on cruise ships? I'm glad that it only lasted one day...I've heard of people being quarantined their whole cruise....no refunds either! Let's get together soon. I miss you too!

Modigliani said...

Wow! I'm just struck by your beautiful new look over here at your blog. Sorry about the sea-sickness! I know I would have been in the exact same boat as you. (Ha! Pardon the pun!) I'm a wimp with motion sickness. I even get it in the car, so I know I'd be a mess on a cruise.

Your pics make it look really fun, though!

The Case Family said...

Tracy, you are tagged! You have to share 7 random facts about yourself on your blog! I'll be checking to make sure you are doing it. Ha ha!