CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Belize City

Belize City was the second stop on the cruise. I was started to feel back to normal at this point. I drank a lot of water, but I was not eating much. The sea was still very rocky and we could not tender the ship for a long time. In fact, Boulderin' Boyfriend and I were planning to sign up for an excursion when we arrived on land, but it took the cruise ship so long to find a safe stopping point, that we didn't get onto a tender ship until around noon. Instead we choose to walk around the city center, outside the cruise safe zone. We met a Rasta man selling jewelry, whom Boulderin' Boyfriend bought a gift for a his sister. We decided to ask this man about a restaurant or something fun do to in the city and he asked if we wanted to get high! No thanks...I just like to eat. He did recommend a restaurant, but we didn't stop since the prices seemed so high (we forgot that it was not in dollars). Instead we walked around, bought some peanuts, and found some boys jumping into the ocean. Boulderin' Boyfriend decided to join the boys. It looked like fun until a police officer came by. I thought we were really going to be in trouble, but the officer just wanted them to quiet down. Then Boulderin' Boyfriend decided to jump off the second story of this abandon building, since all the other boys were jumping. He wasn't so lucky, because he hit coral. Later he would have to pick out the coral pieces in the bottom of his foot.

At least we made it safe back to the port where we met up with my brother and my mom. We stopped at a restaurant and I bought a pair of earrings. My mom convinced me to get my ring finger sized while we picked up a necklace that my brother purchased. I think she was trying to hit something to Boulderin' Boyfriend. Although it was not the most exciting day it was fun to be off the ship for a little while.



0 comments: