CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'M MARRIED!

I am officially married and am now a Mrs.! Wow, that feels so crazy to think. I don't know when I will be changing my name, but I hope it is as soon as I can. The wedding was perfect. Of course, there were a few glitches, but it went off with a bang and it seemed that everyone who attended had a good time.

I was very proud of all that we put together...it looked amazing. I can't wait to put up some pictures, but that will just take some time, because I did not have a camera! Friday was a busy day as we finalized all the decorations. We set up tables and chairs, ironed table clothes, put together centerpieces, laid out dishes, and basically finished the special touches. Then I rushed to get my nails done, which took two and a half hours. I was so late that I did not get to take a shower before our family BBQ. Sadly, I didn't stay there long either, because I needed to drive back to the farm for the night. I had a hard time sleeping. I was nervous, anxious, and worried about everything coming together. So I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and was out working on things at 6am. It was almost relaxing to be working on things by myself. I feel like I have a new love, wedding planning. Maybe one day I will set up my life to help others with their weddings. When I left at 9am, I felt like everything was put together good enough. I was at ease as I had my hair and make-up done and I only became more excited as I returned to dress and take pictures.

The ceremony had a few music mistakes and a sudden change in how we were walking down the aisle, which really confused me...I probably should have stuck with the original plans that felt more personal. Then everyone headed over to the reception which looked good. The food and drinks were not quite what I expected, but people seemed to like everything so that is good to know. Now that it is over, I almost think we could have put the food together ourselves and made it perfect. However, I was happy and didn't care...and now I am married. I only wish we had more time to visit with family and friends before we had to leave. And tomorrow we make even bigger changes... WE MOVE TO KOSOVA! We are going to be running around with our heads cut off as we prepare for the biggest move of our lives up to this point. And my new blog is finally in place. So very shortly I will be revealing the new web address!

4 comments:

Happy Villain said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so, so happy for you! And excited! And I can't wait to start reading the new blog about your new life.

*Hugs*

Modigliani said...

CONGRATS and BEST WISHES for a wonderful future and life together! :)

There are so many amazing new things for you: a new marriage, new job, new country, new blog! ... WOW!

I think this is a perfect time to start up a new blog. I can't wait to see it and read about life in Kosovo.

Unknown said...

Everything was Amazing! You looked amazing, the food, the atmosphere; all was picture perfect. I can tell how much hard work went into it. Thanks for letting us share your special day! Hannah is still talking about how pretty you looked.
I love you and will miss you while you are in Kosovo! I can't wait for the big blog reveal!!!!

AMY_BELL - said...

Wait...I didn't know you were getting a whole new blog. That kind of stinks. You've built this one up so much. Can you just change the web address here or are you doing something all new? I guess it's a new life, new blog. I hope you guys made it out there safe. The wedding was great and I didn't notice any glitches! And, the food was yummy and we still have tons of it here but leftovers aren't quite the same. Miss you!!