CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Weekend Trip - Seal Beach


I decided to take a weekend trip to visit one of my closest friends. Her father passed away a little over three weeks ago and we both agreed that it would be a good time for a little fun. Thankfully her husband was kind enough to share her with me and we had a fantastic weekend. And I also got to see my California boyfriend, her son...he is so cute (although right now he is going through his terrible twos).

My first day there we decided to go to Disneyland. My friend's husband works at Club 33, which is a really nice restaurant at the park. Apparently you can only get into this restaurant if you are a member and then you have to make reservations way in advance. I wouldn't know what it is like, but I was glad for his job, because we had guest passes into the park. Fo free! The day even started out great, because we asked to ride up front on the monorail. We rode with the driver. I found out some interesting facts. For example, the drivers are required to honk the horn at certain times to signal their arrival and crossing of roller coasters. I was so excited that I made a video...



We decided to only stay in the park for about three hours, because it was really busy. So we only had time for three rides. Calvin was a little scared on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but he held my hand for the worst parts. Then I rode by myself on the Indiana Jones ride, which was finished with a fun spin on the merry-go-round. After buying a chocolate covered banana, we headed back to Jenny's

4 comments:

Jeff and Stephanie said...

So fun! I'm sad that I missed you this trip down. I know that it was for Jenny, but I still would have loved to have seen you and possibly go to Disneyland with ya! Hopefully next time! You are a good friend!

Travelin' Tracy said...

Steph- I thought about calling you, but Jenny had put together a pretty extensive weekend for us. In fact, i sort of bailed out of the plans for Saturday. I was going to ride the bike to HB, because I was hoping to find you at the Pink Lemonade stand...though you weren't even there! I promise that next time I come to town that I will totally call you. I should have...I do think about you often. I am hoping that sometime soon I will hear some good news from you and hopefully I will have something to share.

AMY_BELL - said...

Wait a sec...Jenny lives in Seal Beach? I thought they lived in Hungtington Beach. Well, in that case, I've totally been there. I went there for Thanksgiving with my roommate in 2001...maybe Jenny knows them, I'm not sure how big the Mormon population is. It's a beautiful place. I went again in 2002 on my way to Hawaii. Good times :)

Modigliani said...

How fun! And you were so close to me!!! Not that you'd want to come visit me -haha! But it woulda been fun if you had more time!

Sounds like the trip was a success. It's so good to spend time with old friends.