CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Best Climbing Trip Ever - I'm Engaged

Last year Boulderin' Boyfriend and I went on a summer trip together and we decided that we needed to follow that tradition. This year to make things a bit easier we went to the New River Gorge, WV (where we usually go for climbing trips). Last year was fun in New Hampshire, but it was a long drive and this year we thought about North Carolina, but the idea of back country camping/climbing is not exactly my favorite thing. I love showers too much. Besides, Boulderin' Boyfriend had his own agenda in mind, which was a very special birthday present...

On the first day we decided to head out to Summersville Lake for a climbing adventure. We decided to climb there because we could also go swimming if the weather became hot. Plus it was a week day so we knew the crowds would be low, which is always nice when you are climbing. And as I mentioned before Boulderin' Boyfriend had a hidden agenda in mind. He lead up an easy 5.9 climb so that I could follow. When he was about halfway up the rock he yelled down, "Are you sure you can make it to the top?" Of course I am thinking, does he really think I am that bad? I have climbed it before, so I said, "Well, of course, I have climbed it before. why?" His response was, "Well it just thought is was a little difficult for a 5.9." Little did I know what was in store for me at the top of the climb.

Unfortunately because I took a two week break from climbing I felt a little rusty on my way up, and it was actually a bit of a challenge, although I still made it to the top. When I got there I noticed a little note written on pink paper. In my head I was thinking, how cute he left me a note. In fact it was a little note with a huge message, because he asked me to marry him. On closer inspection as I was ready to clean up the climb I saw a diamond ring tied to the climbing gear. I was so excited. Yeah! He finally asked me. I was so excited that I had a hard time concentrating on what I had to do to get back down to the bottom of the climb. It felt like it took me ten minutes to clean up the gear, put the ring on my finger, and head back down to tell him "yes!" When I reached the ground I did just that, I gave him a big hug and kiss and then said yes.

I am so excited that I am going to marry my best friend and the most wonderful man for me. I know that I have been confused about us and concerned at times about where we were headed but that is just because I wanted to make sure it was the best decision for me...spiritually, emotionally, physically, etc. I feel so secure with him in my life and I look forward to our future together. I guess he needs a new name...boulderin' boyfriend will not work now that he is my fiance! Now we just have to plan a wedding...and I think we are going to do it in August! Of course, that means there is one more major thing to put on my list of things to do before we leave for Kosova! Wow!

4 comments:

Happy Villain said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! Even though I kinda thought/hoped it would happen soon, it's still some of the best news I've heard in a while.

Don't you wish you could visit yourself two years ago and tell yourself that someone wonderful was coming and everything would fall into place? I wish I could. You deserve to have that happily-ever-after life, which isn't an end, but a beginning. Perhaps finding love and your future is a more common adventure than the rest of yours, but it's no less of an adventure.

Thanks for the happy tears, m'dear. I wish for the two of you a long and happy life together.

Drae said...

Congrats Tracey!!! That is so exciting. I'm sure you didn't know that my husband and I have been cyber stalking you on your blog. Well, we have. Life sounds so good for you and marrying your best friend makes it so much better. Don't worry about the rough spots. It makes it easier to go through them in marriage. Welcome!! It is a lot of fun and your trip will be so much better to have him as your husband rather than your boyfriend. I'm so excited for you!!

Travelin' Tracy said...

HV - thank you...my life has taken a turn where I would have never expected, but I am loving every minute of it. This summer is bound to one of my busiest, but the best busy that I could ever have. I love planning a wedding...I should do this for a living (actually I should say that when I am done with it and I know that it turned out well..haha)

Sis Korth - hahaa...I read your blog too. I love the honeymoon stories. I'm sure we will have our adventures too, but at this point we are just going to have to figure out to make a honeymoon out of our free days before we start teaching. You should send me your address and i will send you an annoucement.

Drae said...

you bet. It's 650 N 300 W #226 SLC, UT 84103. Now everyone that reads your blog can come visit too. Good luck with it all and enjoy the engagement as much as you can. It really is a fun time.