CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

San Jose, Costa Rica

My sister was studying Spanish in Costa Rica, so of course she requested that I make a visit. At first I was a little resistant to making the trip because I knew that money would be tight...little did I know I would also be planning a wedding. However, the ticket prices went down a little so I bought a ticket. Both of us were anxious to return home, but we didn't let that stop us from having fun.

On my first full day there we decided to head into the city centre to go shopping and act like tourists in the Mercado Central. I love walking through markets and San Jose's mercado did not disappoint. There was a wonderful selection of things to buy from seafood, spices, souvenirs, puppies, party supplies, pizza, flowers, french fries, and frioles!

I almost bought a child's cooking toy set, because it looked like the perfect size for camping. However, I am moving overseas so I really didn't need any more things. Instead I just purchased one nativity set and a shirt. It was a fun day.

San Jose is filled with decorate cows. They are all over the place and this was one of my favorites!













Amy had a little fun with the statues.
















A small camping set or child's toys, you decide.












One thing we saw everywhere were clay piggy banks. Most of them were painted like the one photographed here...I thought it was a little ugly.












The Pepsi bottles are already prepped for the 2008 Olympics. We thought that was sort of fun when we stopped for lunch.

1 comments:

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Costa Rica is one of my favorite vacation spots! I'm so glad you went and jealous that you sister lived there! Glad you had fun! PS - I got a really cool wedding invite in the mail today! SO CUTE!